The Heart Truth- Red Dress

Go deeper than the pink, go red. Go deeper than the breast, go to the heart.




Heart disease is the NUMBER ONE killer of women in the USA. Eat right, exercise, get enough sleep, and cultivate social relationships (make friends!); these will help save your heart. I know because I have CAD, coronary artery disease.








07 January 2014

Cold

The news is full of stories about how cold it is right now. Yes, it's cold. Maybe the temp got down to 15 the other night. It was 20 when I went to work today. For central Texas, that is cold. But...

Really, that's not too bad. Bad is 20 below, ice covered sidewalks, and walking to class while in college. Cold. I wore sweats and my boyfriend's extra coat. I wore dainty white gloves with heavy knitted ones on top. I wore a scarf wrapped around my face and looked out through a peephole. Cold.

Today I wore a sweatshirt with a tank top underneath and a pair of pants. No jacket or coat. I had to walk to my car (not far.) Then I walked from my car to the door of the school. (Again, not far.) So, no, I don't think it was that cold. I didn't wrap pipes or drip them. And the water lines are fine.

I have left my plants outside to freeze to death. Mission accomplished. The aloe vera is wilted. Airplane plant is sadly deflated. Only the cactus has survived.

Now my house is cold. Yesterday the high inside was 60, up from 55. The dog wears her sweater and does not try to wiggle out of it. Work is warmer than home.

Hmmm. Maybe that's why I don't mind being back at work.

No comments:

Blog Archive